Consensus and PBFT.
Taraxa enables rapid finalization of block DAG to maximize the network’s throughput. Most of the week, we were working on fixing bugs in DAG-PBFT node syncing and processing related to recent changes to DAG.
- Reviewed the proposal to remove the PBFT block and to integrate DPOS with PBFT;
- Fixed the bug that adds checking vote sender account validation for votes receivers;
- WIP: the feature that adds a new bundle for PBFT next votes.
EVM Transaction Layer.
We keep working on a more asynchronous pipelined design to make transaction execution and PBFT consensus asynchronous. Done this week:
- Made transaction layer code completely independent from the main node code as a part of the PBFT/execution asynchrony preparation.
- Found and tested a better database-layer implementation for the state DB based on RocksDB user timestamps to improve the read performance. Later this finding should be used in the transaction layer code.
- WIP: Performance improvements, routine bug fixes, and refactorings.