Network configuration and node syncing.
- Working on identifying issues causing the sync_five_nodes test to fail intermittently;
- Implemented separating UDP and TCP port numbers for node listening ports;
- Implemented supporting hostnames for boot nodes as well as IP addresses.
Consensus and PBFT.
Taraxa enables the rapid finalization of block DAG to maximize the network’s throughput. Done this week:
- Debugged and discussed the initialization and syncing of PBFT — DPOS integration;
- Debugged the issue of PBFT protocol getting stuck in a new DAG refactoring;
- WIP: the PBFT implement bundle for next votes to fix the race condition of >1/3 nodes getting partition out of sync.
EVM Transaction Layer.
We’ve recently introduced a more asynchronous pipelined design to make transaction execution and PBFT consensus asynchronous, and this past week was focused on integrating DPOS in taraxa_node repository.